Our house has appraised at the offering price, which we thought was way too high!
Thank you to all of you who were keeping your fingers crossed...I think you may have helped! And so now what? Well, we're closing on...wait for it.... November 20th! And I need a place to live! Pronto!
It's looking like I will be making an offer on the house that I wanted to buy in May, since the seller has since dropped the price $8,000!!! (To the original price that I offered, which she scoffed at and turned down with no counter offer. HA!)
I feel like jumping for joy and sighing with relief! The mulah will be rolling in and rolling out and life will actually be good. All that needs to happen is for the LG to get his dream job. Is that too much to ask for?
What else. What else. Oh yes, yesterday I got a secret note from a student. It is a student who is in love with me and the learning assistant, Cathy, at the same time. It is typical for him to draw the three of us holding hands in a field of grass underneath a bright yellow sun. It's quite comical.
Anywhoo, here is yesterday's note: P.S. I am the tall, skinny, naked one on the right. With two strands of hair. Well, we're all naked and skinny with a strand or two of hair. But whatever.
I call this one.....The Teacher (me): In the Eyes of a Child

Translated: We listen to the teacher. She is the boss of us. She tells us what to do.
Look at what this child has learned from me. He has spaces between his words, is stretching out the sounds in the words, and I can make out the letters. But most important is the message: I am the boss. That alone = a success in my book.
I wonder where he heard this terminology? Boss. Not from me. Deeefinitely not me. Nooooo...that would be wrong.
Now if only this student would actually listen. I don't actually believe he included himself in the picture of the class. He'd be the one standing on his head, while Cathy relentlessly reminds him, "Jonathan, heads up.......Jonathaaaaan, heads up." Meanwhile, I've stopped my lesson to make eye-contact with Cathy and laugh at the circus that is first and second grade.
And that's all I have to say. That, and this is the longest week ever invented.
3 comments:
teacher=boss is a DEFINITE success in this teacher/boss' book!
that's pretty durrrn cute! Boss lady!
Congrats on the house situation!!
Wow everything is coming together so nicely!!! CONGRATS :)
Post a Comment