What I planned to do on Friday night.
1. Go home.
2. Get things together.
3. Get excited about The Shred's arrival at door step.
4. Go to LG's house.
5. Get take out.
6. Watch movie.
7. Have a drink.
8. Go to sleep.
What really happened.
1. Went home.
2. Got things together.
3. Did not get excited, as The Shred apparently needed a signature for them to leave it at my house (I was at work). It's that powerful.
4. Went to the bathroom. (Is that TMI?? Well, I had to write it anyway. The events that follow are all due to this.)
5. Flushed.
6. Water starts to rise in toilet bowl. But I walk away, thinking it will stop.
7. 20 seconds later, water is pouring out of the toilet and onto our newly tiled bathroom floors.
8. I throw down a good quality towel to soak up the water. (It was clean water, FYI.)
9. Water keeps pouring out.
10. I step out of the room to think for a minute and to call the LG. All of the sudden I hear a waterfall sound downstairs. Crap.
11. I run down and a portion of our plaster ceiling is gone and water is rushing through the hole and our light fixture, onto our newly painted cabinets and newly installed tiles.
12. I run upstairs and turn off the water. (Why this didn't occur to me until step 12, I'm not sure. Don't make fun of me.)
13. LG arrives and fixes the toilet. (Something I could have done, but didn't occur to me when under pressure.)
14. Clean up the colossal mess.
15. Stare at kitchen ceiling, or lack thereof.
16. Anger and some inappropriate language emerges from both individuals.
17. ::sigh::
18. Leave house.
19. Get takeout.
20. Do not watch movie.
21. Go to sleep.
Don't believe me? See evidence below.


3 comments:
OH NO! That's no fun at all! I have been there and it is just disgusting! ugh... Hope the weekend got better after the incident!
Oh no!!! Hope the rest of the weekend was better!
Yikes!! That totally sucks. I hope you can patch things up.
Post a Comment