Whoooo’s THAT Girrrrrlllll?” (God, I love Madonna!)
“loosly translated...”finest (unmarried) young lady” LOL! (hehe...she’s gonna kill me)
Well hello there dear followers of Julia’s amazing awesome blog!!! Since our beloved blogger has been magically whisked away to Romania with her "LG" over the holidays, partaking in clubbing that begins at 1AM and ends at 6AM, I’ve decided to hijack her blog post and let you in on a few little facts about our friend. So...Who is Julia girl.....really?
| here, julia is modeling her newest fur find - the hat! |
First - She’s one of my bestest BESTEST friends, and we’ve only met a little over a year ago.
Julia came into my life because the LG is best friends with my boyfriend. (Yes, I date a Romanian man as well but that's besides the point.)
At first I was very much taken back by Ms. Julia’s shear beauty, fab style and fashion sense, intoxicating sense of humor, and wondrous appreciation for life. I thought, “this girl is either going to think I'm a dork, a bore, or worse. Truth is, that I sort of had a girl crush on her. But then, came the van ride to Philly for a night out on the town to celebrate my boyfriend’s bday. It was the first time I had really hung out with all of his friends. Let me just tell you, that the moment this "Julia girl" started singing from the seat behind me, at the top of her lungs to some Black Eyed Peas song, I knew that she and I would get along great.
Little did Julia know that I TOO was also a singer/dancer, inclined to break it down for anyone willing to listen, or watch my awesome moves. You must know that since we have both come to understand this about each other there have been many a dance parties where we've stolen the show. Some at her house til 5:30AM while Hurricane Irene was wreaking havoc outside, or at my place with my 6 year old daughter as we were trying to do the worm on my living room floor.
Next, I can tell you that Julia is not only intrapersonal, but also interpersonal. What's the difference you ask? IntrA - means that you are very aware of yourself, your likes/dislikes, what makes you tick, gets you motivated, turns you off, etc. Julia KNOWS who she is and what she wants and goes for it. That, my friends-once-removed, is something to be respected.
IntERpersonal - means that she is also aware of others around her. She knows what a friend needs to hear, when maybe they don't really feel like hearing it. She also knows when to just shut up and listen, or be a shoulder to cry on, or give a friend a glass of wine along with a journal and say "this is how I deal with things sometimes, maybe it will help you." (*love you girl)
Besides all of the “fun stuff” that this girl has to offer to a friendship, I quickly discovered that she is MUCH MORE!
What else you ask, well Julia is one of the biggest dorks I know. She's hip to be square and not to be so. Julia loves to enjoy life at NO expense. I'm not sure if it's her Polish upbringing, or if it's "Just Julia." (BTW - I'm DYING to meet her mother, I hear she's FABULOUS) She's always making a conscience effort to NOT MISS OUT on the good things in life such as travel, food, music, experiences, etc. She makes it a point to do what she wants and doesn't care who's watching. I admire this. I offer this hint, if you promise to do something with the girl, you Better Do It! She's doesn't like when you back out of your promises, especially when it comes to doing something adventurous or fun. But, if you do make that mistake, you must know that she's forgiving, and will just jump in the LG's van, drive 30-minutes into Amish Country and purchase a GI-NORMOUS, and beautiful, desk...load it up herself....drive it back to her house. All in a good and productive days work for our decorator extraordinaire.
oh...and one last thing -She likes to steal my iphone and take random pictures of herself with my daughter while I’m trying on clothes in the dressing room.
But since it’s the holidays, and I seem to have an alcoholic spirit in my hand more often than not these days, I raise my glass....
"To Julia -
A Friend, A Fashionista, An Artist, A Dancing Queen, A Dork.
We adore you and wish you and the LG a wonderful,
happy, and healthy New Year filled with all of the
finer things life has to offer.....especially more fun blog posts. ;)"
We love you.
...And as for me....I’ll leave you with one small fact. I too enjoy taking pictures of myself....especially while trying on clothes in a variety of dressing rooms.
MmmWwwwAaa!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment