Wednesday, December 14

Preparation

Yesterday, as the LG pulled out a head of lettuce from his latest mini grocery shopping trip, he announced,

"I think we need to eat more salads."

"Hmmm..." was my response and I rummaged through the rest of his purchases.

Tomatoes, chicken, eggs, milk and an oversized bag of spinach. Protein much?

"I got the spinach because I know how much you like to make those shakes in the morning." 

"Hmmm..." I repeated, "Why?" My underlying question: Why the salad craze? But I didn't need to say that, he read my mind.

"Well, we have to prepare for Romania." Ahhh-ha! I knew there was a hidden agenda!

For us, the trip to Romania means I meet the LG's friends for the first time ever. And it means that his mother, who has been preparing and freezing delectable meals, will be stuffing us with hearty traditional Romanian cuisine. So, I guess we need to impress the LG's friends and starve ourselves so that there's room for some serious indulging. I need help.

But this "healthy lifestyle" is beginning 10 days before we leave. How much different will we look? How much weight will we lose? So much. Ha! Knowing us, we'll be 10 pounds heavier by next Friday.

Can I help it if I love coming home and making brownies? Brownies that should only be eaten warm with some melty ice cream on the side, topped with homemade whipped cream??

Can I help it if I prefer to curl up all cozy on the couch surrounded by the glow of my christmas lights, sipping hot green tea, while dipping a chocolate chip cookie into the warm beverage and reading?

Can I help it if I would rather go out to eat a three course meal with some wine than making a cold salad  with 6 ounces of cooked chicken for myself? I can only trick myself into eating it so much.

The truth? Yes. I can help it. I just don't care!

I'd much rather have a naturally long and lean body, you know, Victoria's Secret Model style.

Hi there, Adriana Lima.
::sigh::

I'd love for people to hate me for my long legs and excellent physique and ask me, "How DO you do it?" And I'd respond, all innocent (with a little model pout), "Oh, I don't know." Giggle, giggle. "I'm really lucky; it's natural." Baaaahahahaha! Dream on, Adriana! Err, I mean, Julia. (K, so I know those models are gyming it like whoa, but really, it's half natural.)

Gawd, Adriana. Gawd.
Oh? What's that you said? You had a child, too? 
Stop. It.


So, the race is on. With 10 days to go, I have eaten a salad for dinner, made a green monster shake for breakfast and completed Day 2 of the 30 Day Shred, which by the way I have only completed up to day 4...on three tries.

Watch out, readers!  In 10 days, when you see Adriana boarding a flight to Romania, it's a hallucination.

It's actually moi. 

Orrrr, perhaps it's just a hallucination.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jill said...

I can't wait to see the before and after pics!:)
But really, did you have to include the model photos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails