Monday, October 4

Oh, hello, there...

Yes it's really me. 100% crazy me. How inconsiderate of me to leave you all hanging and abandon this here blog for almost 2 months.

I've been up to nothing really interesting lately. Except that my teaching job has consumed my life, which is wrong on every level. I go to work early, stay at school until 6 or 7, make dinner, chat with the LG and then go to sleep. No time for reading, no time to watch tv, and no time for...I hate to say it...this blog. Tonight, as I stared at my safari browser, having completed my school work, I thought...maybe I should just venture over to my blog and see what's new.

That was silly because nothing was new, of course. Because I haven't been over here since August.

My excuse is this:
Teaching is no longer what it was just a few years ago. The time for spontaneous teachable moments is few and far between. Our daily schedule is so jam packed there's little room to take a sip of water...let alone to use the bathroom. The pressure from our administration is disgusting. All of this has lead me to think that I'd like to do something different with my life. Not sure what, yet... This is thoroughly disappointing because as a child, my current job was my dream. Except the current rules and specifications were not yet common.

I wish I could say that my lack of blogging was due to an exercise obsession and that I have amazing AFTER photos of me looking all anorexic and shit. However, that will never be the case. I have, however, brought my gym clothes to work with me each day, hoping that the very sight of them will eventually inspire me to change and go to the gym directly after work. One month of bringing my clothes to work and I've gone once. Pathetic.


So, I'm making some resolutions to get healthier:

I need to stop voluntarily opening my mouth when the LG shoves a shovelful of Creme Brulee ice cream in my face....at 1oPM, nonetheless.

I need to start going to the gym...slowly, because I usually go full force and then my knee and desire is kaput after one week.

I need to continue updating my blog, and reading up on your fabulous lives. (trust me, i've been reading!)

I need to stop doing school work before 6PM each night.

And I must start reading again. (this does not include grad class material)



Wish me luck, because I'm starting tomorrow. For serious. I even already have my gym clothes waiting for me in the closet in my classroom. So, it's gotta happen, right??

3 comments:

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Hey sweetie welcome back. And I do hope to read more posts from you soon. I'm sorry that work has taken over your life and you've had no time to enjoy the things that you enjoy. I do hope that somehow, despite your busy schedule you get to do something fun for yourself, something that makes you smile. Take care sweetie.

bananas. said...

well welcome back hun! hi!!!

first off, breathe. second, take your time with your goals. no need to rush. third, rest as needed.

Ambs said...

I know I'm a little behind but... I'm feeling the same way about teaching! I love my job and my students but I feel like I'm going craaaaazy!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails