Sunday, June 13

Perks and shtuff...


Sometimes it pays to be a teacher. But not on snotty nosed days. Not on vomit on my rug days. Not on lousy parent email days. Not on I have to work all day and then hold parent/teacher conferences until 9pm days. Or on I have paperwork coming out of my ass days.

But sometimes (aka the last day before Christmas and summer vacay) being a teacher has some serious perks. There's no denying it: I'm talking gift cards.

Summer has not yet officially begun, as I still have 2 teacher work days this week, but I have already paid Barnes and Noble a nice visit.

If you're not a reader, you might find that a gift card to B&N is as fabulous as some dust collecting artificial flowers. Nothing against artificial flowers, but they're not as exciting as the real deal. Just sayin'.

If you are a reader, you know what I'm talking about. Heaven. It's practically as good as being given a serious gift card to Bloomies. Notice: practically.

Anywhooo, here's my first small loot of the summah.


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo...so excited to read this!

Middlesex (book on CD)...can't wait to listen to this on perhaps a spontaneous long car ride or two.

My Horizontal Life...already started this. Chelsea Handler is hilarious. Read: HILARIOUS.



And side note: My tomato plants are sprouting tomatoes! Whoot whoot!

My first tomato plant evah.

1 comment:

bananas. said...

just finished dragon tattoo and LOVED IT! about to start the second book soon. yee!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails