Tuesday, March 9

Lipssss


Did anyone notice all the red lips on the red carpet?

I did, apparently.

I've been admiring the red lips for some time now. I've always had a sort of obsession. Even as a child, I remember reaching in my mom's cosmetic case for the red lipstick and smearing it all over my face lips.

However, I never looked as fabulous as:

Penelope..::sigh::

Scarlett

Anne
or
Sandra

AND I never wore red lips in public. Here's the reason:

Not too long ago, I found some red lipstick on clearance at Target. I snatched it up quickly and could not wait to get home to put it on. But alas, I did wait and thank goodness for that smart choice. Because I applied that bright red color on my lips and looked in the mirror and saw....

this


Sorry if I scared you; I scared myself.

So, I gave the stick of red to a friend, who looks just lovely with big red lips. Jealous.

Anywhoo, I'm not giving up. I'm still searching for the right color. But the bright red color- yeah, it's not happening again.

3 comments:

chelsea rebecca said...

haha, this cracked me up! you could so pull it off! just keep trying!

Missy said...

I happened to be wearing red lipstick on Wednesday. I too have always been a fan of red lips! I love reds by MAC and Philosophy.

Sara said...

Oh the RED lips! Today- on the day o ye Irish... I did not partake in the festivities by wearing green or tipping me pint glass towards my lips, but by applying the delightful scarlet toned lipstick that you gave me!

I try to wear it once a week just to shake things up! Ole!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails